Saturday, May 7, 2011

Why I don't like unity?

First of all, lets think why someone use linux, maybe most of us started being script kiddies, others in school had to use it in some courses, others in theirs work. But the ones that use it everyday, like it because its as cool or as practical as you want. For example I use default configurations of the desktop environment in my work's linuxes and for my personal machines I use a tweaked version with all the candy-eye you can get. For many of us, adopting gnome 3 was the natural evolution of ubuntu, but for Mark Shuttleworth it seems wrong. Instead he went for unity, actually unity its only Mark's favorite compiz configuration. Another issue is the unilateral changes he is making to the layout just to mention a few, Why they moved the window management icons to the left????
Lets take for example my configuration, its a 10.04 ubuntu with compiz and awn.





Only with a few extra tweaks it does everything gnome 3 and unity does. So??? we will have to wait a little to see how it ends.

No comments: